Saturday, June 23, 2007

Here I go AGAIN....

Hi all! Hope this hot summer is finding everyone well. I've been lazy long enough and it's time to get in gear. Since the last time I blogged I have changed jobs. Now I work part-time for the local hospital and prn for my previously-full-time employer Hospice. I had the opportunity to work 2 nights a week for the same pay I received working 5 days a week. Wow--no-brainer! This streak of fortune also settled some of my "I have no time" crisis which is AWESOME!! My health is improving and I am taking half as much medication as before. Plus, my Naturopath seems to be getting my absorption problems under control-slowly but surely. Life is good.

I am still working on the CRON regime. Most days I do well and on the days I DO NOT do well, I pay for it. My body doesn't tolerate junk food binges anymore. I'm also still measuring my food in cups, oz's and tsp's/tbsp's and my only body weight measurement is at my MD visit. For some reason I haven't made the time to pick up a proper food scale OR people scale at Bed, Bath & Beyond. (Told you I've been lazy). However, I've been listening to my body and can easily feel when it's time to stop eating. I'm actually glad to feel well enough to eat!

This morning I was browsing the internet and found Mizzi's site http://calorie-restriction-diet.com/ She has done a great job setting up an easy-to-navigate CR site. One of my personal goals is to participate more in CR-related on-line communities. My hope is increasing participation will help keep me motivated. As usual, feel free to share any tips and tricks you might have, and be well!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm happy to see you posting again! It's just sheer luck that I clicked on your link and found your recent post. I'm gonna have to nag you to try and keep with it :-).

Glad to hear things are going so well for you, too! I fantasize about a shorter work week. Alas, my fantasies will probably have to wait a while before fulfillment :-).

Take care,
Amy